There are thousands of documents in circulation on the business benefits of workplace inclusion and workforce diversity. It can be approached from many perspectives.
Here’s a selected list of the Top 10 papers that provide a great starting point.
This will be updated soon and it will become a top 20 list, with a wider range of sources. Sign up below if you’d like to receive updates when this is updated, or other articles are published.
This list is mostly compiled from the management consultancies – the major upside being that they’ve gather data and presented it back in ways that can be quickly and easily comprehended in executive contexts.
The Top 10 Articles
- Why diversity matters. McKinsey, 2015
- Delivering through diversity. McKinsey, 2018
- Diversity wins: How inclusion matters. McKinsey, 2020
- How Diverse Leadership Teams Boost Innovation. BCG, 2018
- Fixing the Flawed Approach to Diversity. BCG, 2019
- Waiter, is that inclusion in my soup? A new recipe to improve business performance. Deloitte, 2013.
- The PwC diversity Journey Creating impact, achieving results. PwC, 2016
- When She Rises, We All Rise. Accenture, 2018
- HBR’s Diversity topic index. Harvard Business Review
- The Missing Link: Sustainable Diversity And Inclusion Through Organization Design. Mercer, 2018
Enjoy reading this – and let me know if you’d like to nominate any papers!
Steven has extensive experience in strategic executive leadership having led large business units at Fujitsu. Steven has had full and operational delivery responsibility for $1bn annual revenue business, including sales / growth, of full-service range (consultancy and change programmes, to operational IT services) to multiple clients. Leading business through changes in strategic direction, crisis management, transformational turnarounds especially those delivering business critical services to clients such as Public Sector / National Government. Steven engages well with C-suite executives and senior stakeholders, including in previous roles with UK Government Cabinet Ministers.